Friday, April 01, 2005

Happily Sticking with MLM, but Making Some Changes!

Well, I've decided that MLM is still the industry for me.

No matter what other home business I considered, knowing that if I stopped working the money stopped flowing, took the wind out of my sails:-)

So I am making a change of company, since I never sponsored even one person in my previous company. I began looking for a business that really thrilled me. There are many who say the product doesn't matter. It may not to some I'm sure. But to me it matters - a lot.

I recently found a new product that is being marketed via networking, and I realized something. Although I loved the product (nutritionals) in the company I am no longer representing, I was only involved in the opportunity for money.

I wasn't into convincing anyone that these products were the best available, that the business is second to none, "look at all the smart people who are involved", blah, blah, blah.

I have found over the years - erroneously or not, but my personal conclusion - that people are either health conscious or they aren't. And finding people who are health conscious and entrepreneurial, and willing/able to invest over $1000- $1500 just to get in position to possibly earn money...well, I wasn't able to convince myself this was in their best interest, let alone them!
As another more well-known Austin would say, "It's just not my bag, baby!" Carry around the wrong bag for too long, and all sorts of unpleasant things can start happening. Like financial insolvency and self-doubt...ugh!

The more time that passed with me spending more money, talking to more people, and still getting nowhere meant something had to change. I knew others who were having success with the business model. So I had to look at myself.

Should I feel bad and consider myself a failure? Should I believe that I haven't developed on a personal level enough to start seeing the success I desired? (as was inplied by upline week after week) Should I bash the industry and the company?

The answer was a simple one, and it's just that I was carrying the wrong bag. In other words, doing the wrong thing, for me. Could I have persevered and eventually started making money? I probably could have. But before I took that road, I stumbled upon some new companies, using updated compensation plans, and found myself excited about networking again.

I'm not writing about any particular company today. What I want to talk about is the evolution of the network marketing plan. What I found was that comp plans for newer companies are more streamlined, easy to understand, and far easier to start earning money using.

The company I was with is over 12 years old, and has one of the more modern comp plans that fosters cooperation from upline with all their downline. But not only are the new plans doing that, they also make it far easier to make a check, and begin creating small successes for yourself, that lead to whatever income level you're looking for.

So I came to the conclusion that I, a person who has been into personal development for 20+ years, am "good enough" to succeed in MLM;-)

So goodbye old, and hello new.

More on what I'm doing these days, next week after I've tied up some loose ends, so stayed tuned!

~~~
MLMWorkAtHome.com

2 comments:

Alvin said...

Hey Tracy, nice Blog!
i can really feel your heart in it!
funny i (our team) changed companies recently too. Looking forward to hearing your adventures.
alvin

Anonymous said...

A very thought provoking article I wanted to share...

The future of Lead Generation is Here Now
Dale Calvert
http://www.DaleCalvert.com


Last month I accidentally stumbled on the most significant technology to be introduced to the MLM, Affiliate Marketing, and Direct Sales industry since the video tape! At the time of this writing 99% of marketers know nothing about it! If you need to create leads for your business, this may be the most important article you ever read.

Over the past 25 years, technology has allowed us to get through more prospects quicker and faster. Success principals and concepts remain the same. Books like “Think and Grow Rich” are as viable today as the day they were written.

However, methods are constantly evolving and changing. When I started in the industry 25 years ago, we basically used cassette tapes, one on one presentations and live opportunity meetings to expose prospects to our opportunity.

Over the years, technology has allowed us to get through more people quicker and faster. Tools like:

Voice Mail
Fax on Demand
Conference Call Systems
Ads in USA Today Newspaper & Home Business Magazines and Card Decks

Video Tape
(The largest growth years of our industry came 3-4 years after the introduction of the VCR. I remember when we had to ask prospects if they owned a VCR? )

Lead Generation Companies
Internet Marketing Systems
Live Online Meetings

All of this technology has allowed us to get through more prospects quicker, does this make sense?

The next concept you need to understand is “Since I came into the network marketing industry, in 1980, we have had to go through more people each year than we did the previous year to get the same ratio of results.” Please re-read that statement, it is very important.

According to the Direct Sales Industry in 1997 & 1998 sales of MLM products actually declined, for the first time in history since those stats have been documented. Why do you think this happened? Because of the number of prospects part-timers have to go through made momentum very difficult. Over the next few years, not much changed, to be brutally honest, this situation almost totally took me out of the industry 100%.

Instead, I realized that I have to do everything in my power to help distributors get through more numbers faster and quicker. We developed several training programs to help distributors do just that. Courses like:

How to create leads with Online Auctions and Funded Proposals
http://www.FundedProposals.com

How to Create Leads online
http://www.WebCashVideos.com

How to Use Lead Programs Effectively
http://www.ShotatSuccess.com

How to Create Leads in Your Local Market
http://www.LocalMLMLeads.com

I felt like that I had to do everything in my power to help distributors get real with the fact that we have to get through more people than we did in the early nineties. Why is this? Why do we have to go through more people to create the same results? There are several reasons, 3 of which are.

(1) The MLM Explosion after the introduction of the video tape. The video tape allowed us to get through more people quicker and faster. Anyone can pass out a video and say “push play”; you didn’t have to have great presentation skills to recruit new members. So skeptical prospects in the markets attitude changed from is this Amway, to is this a Network Marketing Program. This is a subtle but significant change in the market place.
(2) Cable TV When many of us started our network marketing careers there were 3 TV Stations, remember those days? With the evolution of cable TV technology, a new word was formed “Infomercial” What do many infomercials promote? HOW TO GET RICH! Real estate, tiny little classified ads, Worlds Greatest Vitamin, Tax Lien Certificates, Ebay, you name it, the list goes on and on.
(3) The Internet How many get rich scam emails do you get in your email box each day? Enough said.

Ladies and gentleman, a few years ago when you talked to people about the idea of working from home it created a lot of natural curiosity and interest. Today we live in a world where people have been bombarded with How to Get Rich Opportunities. This has created an “Opportunities are a dime a dozen” mentality within the market place. Does this make sense?

There is no question that the best prospect is one that calls you, agree?
What is there was a way to simply and cost effectively have 10-20 or more, brand new prospects contact you every week or every day requesting more information about your business with just a couple of clicks of the mouse.

What would this mean to your business and your income?

The technology is now available to accomplish just that. The possibilities of this NEW SOFTWARE SYSTEM are endless. For a limited time you receive not only the software but also a data base of over 1 MILLION opportunity seeker leads.

There is no way I can explain the significance and value of this program. You absolutely must listen in on one of their daily conference calls. They are help Monday – Thursday at 2 & 8 PM Eastern Standard Time. The number is 620-294-4000. Pin 222113#

You can also check out their website at http://www.GoldCalling.com. When you are ready to get started with the program, contact me directly at Dale@TipForSuccess.com. I personally purchased this software immediately after I was introduced to it, and now as an authorized Gold Calling member, I can order it for you. When you email me ask about the personal bonus I am offering valued at $997.00

I sincerely believe that this software will take your recruiting numbers and income to levels that are simply impossible without the use of this new technology. Please don’t take this information for granted, visit the website right now.




Dale Calvert is a marketing consultant, speaker, coach, and trainer for the MLM, Internet Marketing and Direct Marketing Industries. A directory of his websites can be found at http://www.DaleCalvert.com. He is also an official reseller for the Gold Calling Software discussed in this article. To find out more about Gold Calling and the $997 bonus Dale is currently offering for new Gold Calling members you can contact him at Dale@TipForSuccess.com